Radial HDI – High Definition Studio DI
The HDI is Radial Engineering’s flagship direct box, designed to create exceptional sonic results with any instrument in both studio recording and professional touring applications. The HDI combines the best aspects of both active and passive direct boxes, utilizing premium Jensen transformers and a unique Color control circuit that can blend between an ultra-clean tone on one hand, and the warmth and grit of transformer saturation and harmonic distortion on the other.
A simple but elegant feature set allows the engineer or musician to achieve their desired tone in seconds, with variable Level, Color, and Presence controls on oversized chrome-plated knobs. A smooth Opto compressor can be engaged for subtle peak reduction, and a HPF is included to remove excessive low end when pushing the unit hard into distortion. Both mic and line-level balanced outputs are provided, allowing you to connect directly to a recording interface without the need for an additional preamplifier. Finally, a responsive output meter for visual feedback.
- Large chrome controls knobs makes it easy to dial in an amazing tone within seconds
- Blend from ultra-clean to gritty amp-like distortion
- Smooth Opto compressor for peak reduction
- Mic and line-level outputs allow for connection to any pro audio device
- Oversized custom-wound Jensen transformer provides rich, warm tone